|View all running gags|
Several episodes contain a running gag of Michael Hitchcock removing or trying to remove his shirt at inappropriate times.
Season 1 Edit
- Hitchcock starts taking off his shirt as soon as he hears that he needs to stand in a line-up. This is the first time Hitchcock displays his propensity for toplessness.
- Hitchcock is shown in a flashback from 1986 hanging out in the precinct with no shirt.
- Hitchcock removes his shirt while at Amy's apartment for Thanksgiving Dinner. He explains that one cannot spill on a shirt one is not wearing.
- When the male stripper Peralta hired to perform for Santiago came to the precinct and began to disrobe, Hitchcock joined in and took his shirt off.
- When Scully sets off tear gas in the bullpen, Hitchcock removes his shirt and offers it to Scully to protect his face.
- When Boyle spills sauce on his shirt, Hitchcock immediately offers him his own, which he was about to remove anyway.