|First Date:||The Bet|
|First Kiss:||Johnny and Dora|
|Season One:||The Bet|
|Season Three:||New Captain|
|Season Four:||Coral Palms Pt. 3|
The Fugitive Pt. 1
Jake Peralta and Amy Santiago are detectives and often partners at the 99th precinct. They have a very competitive relationship, participating in bets and always trying to one-up the other. Though they often bicker and tease each other, it is clear they have mutual respect and share a friendship.
As the series progresses their friendship develops into romantic interest. At the beginning of season 3, the two begin a relationship. In the middle of season 4, they decide to move in together in Amy's apartment.
Their desks in the precinct's bullpen are adjacent to each other.
Season 1 Edit
- Though annoyed by Jake’s immaturity, Amy can’t help but smile at his childish antics with fuzzy cuddle bear.
- Amy smiles on smugly as Jake is embarrassed by the new captain and forced to repeat his robot voice.
- Jake tells Amy that her using the word rabbi turns him on.
- If Jake wins their bet, Amy has to go on a date with him.
- Jake compliments Amy’s appearance as they enter the storage units looking for Ratko.
- Jake interrupts Amy’s evening to insult her date and says it was worth it to get a rise out of her even though his own date abandoned him in the process.
- Amy gets reprimanded for bantering with Jake during the captain's briefing.
- Slightly tipsy and sitting close together on the bus, Jake teases Amy for calling him a “butthead.”
- While roleplaying murder scenarios, Amy says she’ll only participate if she gets to fake murder Jake. He calls her sweetheart and she replies with “time to die.”
- Jake thinks it’s hot that Amy has eggshell in her bra after being egged on Halloween.
- The first episode with the Title of Amy’s Sex Tape running gag.
- Dressed for a date, Amy asks the detectives in the briefing room what they think of her look. Jake uses his phone to play the sound of a donkey braying, but insists he meant for it to be a catcall.
- Jake shows an interest in finding out more about the guy with which Amy had to cancel her date.
- Jake teases Amy for wearing large glasses and later asks if she would let him wear them on his penis before he dies.
- After Amy accidentally sits in pie in her date night dress, Jake tries to console her by telling her he thinks the world of her as a colleague and a friend.
- When Jake again asks Amy about the guy she had to cancel a date with twice, she begrudging admits that he hasn’t called her back. To make her feel better, Jake jokes that she should marry the possible suspect they are looking into. She plays along until they are interrupted by Scully.
- Still no closer to finding evidence, Jake tells Amy to go home and get cleaned up. He has called her date, apologized and rescheduled their evening. Jake suggests she not use the hidden condoms in her purse because they are expired. When she asks how he knows about those, he says he knows a lot about everyone in the precinct because they spend so much time together.
- While out drinking with Jimmy Brogan, Jake sends Amy multiple drunk texts including a photo of him shirtless on a subway platform eating Chinese chicken salad.
- Amy gives Jake her grandfather’s hangover cure, raw egg yolks.
- While going over a case with Amy at her desk, Jake ask to switch seats so he can use her computer. Once he’s seated he remarks on how warm her butt made the chair. She’s offended, but he assures her that it's nice.
- After blowing up Jimmy Brogan’s book at Amy’s suggestion, Jake throws out a quote from Die Hard and looks at Amy for a reaction. She just rolls her eyes and remarks on how much he loves the film.
- When Amy mentions she needs to practice her toast for Thanksgiving, Jake gawks at how long it is and correctly guesses that it is single spaced: “Santiago Style.” They share a smile.
- Despite Jake's earlier objection to Amy’s request to dress up for Thanksgiving, Jake shows up at the second dinner in a suit and necktie, because she told him to.
- Amy says Jake looks beautiful in his suit.
- Flashback to when the bet was made, Amy mentions the worst thing she can imagine is being one of the girls Jake takes on a date in his car.
- Amy and Jake race each other to Captain Holts office in order to request more cases that will count towards their bet. They push and shove, but Jake gets arrives first and locks her out.
- On the dry erase board where Jake and Amy are keeping score, there is a heart containing each of their faces underneath Amy's tally. In later scenes there is an arrow drawn next to it with the word “Never!"
- With one minute left in the bet, Amy brings in a perp that puts her ahead. She taunts Jake.
- When it is reveal Jake has won the bet, the bullpen erupts with confetti, cheers and Jake gets down on one knee to asks her out, presenting her with a $1 ring. Amy begrudgingly agrees.
- Jake pulls up in his car at Amy’s apartment and honks for her to join him on their date. He has provided Amy with an embarrassing dress and remarks that she looks like every girl he had a crush on at Bat Mitzvahs in his youth. Jake compares her to Jenny Gildenhorn, his childhood crush.
- Jake dictates rules for the evening, the most important being that she’s not allowed to fall in love with him. Amy assures him that won’t be a problem.
- As Jake and Amy arrive at Charles’s celebration, Jake sounds a bullhorn and announces “hot date coming through.”
- A heavily medicated Charles informs Jake that he thinks the reason Jake is putting so much money and effort into the date is that he actually likes Amy romantically. Jake reveals he spent $1400 on the date, but refuses to admit it’s because he likes Amy.
- When Jake announces to the room that he would like Amy to join him in an unrehearsed version of the steerage dance from the film Titanic, Boyle remarks that it sounds romantic, but Jake brushes it off, claiming it is meant to be embarrassing for Amy. They dance spastically in the center of the crowd.
- When Captain Holt tells Jake he must go on a stake out, Jake gets Amy’s attention by calling out “Darling,” and then escorts her out of the bar.
- Waiting in the car for their perps to show up, Amy and Jake discuss their worst dates. Neither think this evening is in the running.
- Jake describes why he bought his car, which caused him to go into debt. Amy corrects him that it is “crushing debt,” and he notes that she knows him well, a callback to an earlier conversation about his debt.
- Jake and Amy toss nuts into the air for the other to catch in their mouth.
- Holt calls with news that he has found someone who can take over their stakeout so that Jake and Amy can go back to their extravagant date plans. Jake secretly refuses, preferring to spend a quiet night with Amy on the stakeout instead.
- Jake and Amy pretend to be a couple in order to arrest their suspects. They compliment each other on their acting skills once the criminals are under arrest.
- Amy learns from Captain Holt that Jake refused the relief team.
- Amy apologizes for all the money Jake lost last night on date activities they never went through with. Jake informs her that it was a good date anyway.
- When the stripper shows up to give Amy a lap dance, Jake uses his body to protect her from the grinding stranger.
- To commemorate their victory over The Vulture, Jake frames a picture of himself and Amy holding the perps signed confession.
- After briefing Captain Holt on their robbery case, Amy grabs Jake by the arm to drag him out of Holt’s office.
- Amy admits to Jake that she has obsessive compulsive tendencies. He feigns surprise, knowing this about her already, and moves her shirt’s collar out of place. After a few moments of acting as though it doesn’t bother her, Amy readjust her collar.
- Amy tells Jake she’s interviewing for a position in the Major Crimes Division and Jake is vocally upset. He promises that working this case with him will remind her of how much she likes her current job and convince her to stay.
- A flashback reveals a previous guarantee Jake made to Amy. He promises her he can dunk a basketball. When he attempts to dunk with the help of a ladder, it collapses beneath him and he falls to the ground. Jake explains that the subtext of the guarantee was that she would be entertained, and he succeeded.
- Amy asks Jake why he cares if she leaves the Nine-Nine. He tries to brush it off, claiming he’s only upset that she’s going to work with The Vulture, but Amy looks skeptical.
- When they find the bellboy jacket in the dumpster, the mood is lifted and detectives share a excitement over the development in the case.
- Jake teases Amy about sex: “Irwin, how would you like to have the honor of being the first man to undress in front of Amy Santiago?”
- Having captured the perp, Jake offers to buy drinks for both he and Amy, but she mentions that she’s still planning on interviewing with Major Crimes. Jake becomes upset, calls her a bad partner and storms off.
- Jake asks Captain Holt why he doesn’t ask Amy to stay at the Nine-Nine, but Holt just tells Jake that partners should support each other no matter what. He motions to the framed photo of Jake and Amy from earlier, which Jake stares at thoughtfully.
- At the Major Crimes Division, Jake finds Amy and gives her his support and a letter of recommendation for her interview. She tells him that she already turned down the job because she likes where she is now. Amy then teases Jake for admitting that she is a good detective.
- Jake and Amy spend much of their time at Captain Holt's party trying to impress their hosts or arguing about which of them is more socially awkward.
- While hiding in Captain Holt's bathroom, Jake helps shield Amy from the dog of which she is deathly allergic.
- When Amy unknowingly helps Jake figure out why Kevin is so hostile towards cops, he refers to her as a "brilliant bastard."
- Amy asks Jake if he's qualified to give relationship advice to Boyle, stating that he isn't exactly the king of mature relationships.
- Jake sets up the interrogation room for Charles to propose to Vivian. He then must have filled Amy in on the situation as they watch the couple together behind the two-way glass. Amy apologizes for calling Jake immature earlier and admits he handled this situation very well.
- While struggling with what to do about his apartment situation with Gina, Jake vents his frustrations to Amy. Though she doesn't have a chance to get a word in, talking it out with her helps him approach the situation in a more rational manner.
- Amy asks Jake what Holt would think is her biggest weakness. He tells her it doesn't matter what Holt thinks and teases her about the weaknesses he found on a list she threw away. Jake's blunt response about Holt helps Amy realize that her biggest weakness is worry too much about what the captain thinks of her decisions.
- While reciting his alias Rex Buckingham's skills, Jake turns to Amy when he lists 'ladies man.'
- Amy tells Jake that women don't find make-believe attractive, but he compares himself to an actor, such as George Clooney. He then tries to impress her with a sexy voice.
- Charles notes that there are some serious sparks happening between Jake and Amy, but Jake denies it.
- When Teddy greets Amy at the tactical village, Jake soon steps in, curious about how Teddy and Amy know each other.
- Amy and Rosa discuss Amy's previous romantic relationship with Teddy. Jake wonders aloud what's so great about Teddy, prompting Charles to alert Jake that he sounds jealous.
- Teddy makes an effort to hang around Amy while they examine new weapons and prepare for the course. Jake makes an effort to tag along and try to one-up Teddy.
- Jake notices that Amy is impressed that Teddy's team broke the course record. He then drops his British spy persona and becomes determined to beat the new record.
- Despite Amy's earlier dig at his make-believe personas, she recalls details of Jake's alias, Vic Kovac's past. Jake is impressed she remembers the backstory he created, having only mentioned it briefly.
- Jake offers to buy drinks for his colleagues to celebrate their success at the training. Amy says she'll have to stop by later because Teddy asked her out for the evening. Jake resorts to immature babbling instead of revealing how he really feels about her dating Teddy.
- At the bar, Jake asks Charles what he thinks Amy sees in Teddy. Charles suggests that if Jake wants to date Amy, he should try actually asking her out.
- Back at the precinct, it appears that Jake is going to make an attempt to ask Amy on a date, until she mentions that she and Teddy are going out again.
- Jake compliments Amy's appearance when she is nervous about her new lipstick.
- When Amy tells Jake that she's spending the weekend in the Berkshires with Teddy he seems visibly upset. He then decides to work through his weekend off in order to keep his mind off of Amy's romantic getaway.
- At Shaw's Bar, Jake is surprised to see Amy still in town. She tells him she had a dental emergency, to which he notes that he knows that she is a good brusher. Moments later Teddy joins them and Jake appears to become uncomfortable. He hurries away.
- Terry, having noticed Jake's odd behavior, confronts him. Terry tells Jake that he needs to deal with whatever is bothering him. Jake says that it's not possible to do that at the moment and motions towards Amy and Teddy chatting at the bar. Terry is surprised and suggests that they have more drinks. When Terry tries to pry for more information on Jake's feelings for Amy, Jake suggest they need some shots.
- Discussing Charles's recent breakup, Amy tells Jake that she hopes she never has to go through another breakup again. This prompts Jake to ask if she could really see herself being with Teddy forever. Amy quickly replies "no," but backtracks, unsure of how she feels about her current relationship.
- While undercover as ballroom dancers, Jake compliments Amy's appearance, comparing her to a mermaid.
- Trying to blend in as ballroom dancers, Jake offers to show Amy how to dance. She remarks that it is fun, to which Jake agrees. However, when she suggests that she and Teddy should take dancing lessons, Jake becomes uncomfortable.
- Jake confronts Amy in the parking lot of the precinct before he has to go undercover. He tells her that if the situation were different, if she weren't with Teddy and he weren't going away for 6 months, he'd like the two of them to be in a romantic relationship. He leaves before she has a chance to respond.
Season 2 Edit
- 6 months later, Jake returns to the precinct from his undercover FBI assignment. After reuniting with his co-workers, Jake and Amy greet each other awkwardly. Jake then asks Amy if they could talk together alone. In the copy room, Jake firsts asks Amy if she arrested someone named Joe Uterus to relief some of the awkward tension. Amy sighs in relief and says yes. He then tells Amy that he knows that he left things weird between them because he said that he liked her.
- Amy informs him that she's still in a relationship with Teddy. After learning about this, Jake recants his confession. He says that his confession wasn't real and he was just caught up in the moment of going undercover for the mafia.
- Holt tells Jake that there's nothing he can do about do about Freddy Maliardi and that some things are just out of his control. Jake glances at Amy and disagrees with Holt.
- At Shaw's, Jake offers Amy a drink with two alcoholic drinks inside. Jake and Amy drink together but then frown in disgust. Jake then tells Amy that his confession to Amy before he went undercover was real. He understands that Amy is in a relationship with Teddy and he says that he's not going to change that and that there are some things that he can't control. Amy thanks him for telling her that. She also wants Jake to know that she's still with Teddy and that nothing's going to happen between her and Jake. Jake responds with a title of your sex tape joke and Amy smiles, happy to see the Jake that she knows.
- Jake asks Rosa if he can have her friend's, Katie, number. Rosa says no because she doesn't mix her personal and professional life together. Charles is surprised that Jake isn't pining over Amy.
- Jake goes to Rosa and offers to play for Katie's number in the Jimmy Jabs. Rosa says no and figures out that Jake is doing the Jimmy Jabs just to get Katie's number. Amy joins the conversation and sides with Jake that he should go out with Katie.
- Jake and Amy flirt throughout.
- Rosa takes Jake aside and ask him if he wants to call off the bet because, "It's clear you still have feelings for Amy." Jake denies this and refrains from teasing Amy even though it is obvious he wants to.
- Jake admits that he threw the bet so Amy could win and that he still has feelings for her.
- Det. Dave Majors invites Jake to an exclusive bar, Jake accepts under the impression Majors wants to be bros, only to find out Majors invited him for drinks to ask him if he was seeing Amy. When Jake says that he isn’t, Majors states his intention to ask out Amy after the case is closed. Jake is clearly jealous and uncomfortable.
- The next day Jake tells Rosa that he still likes Amy and he’s been trying to work up the courage to ask her out. Rosa tells him it was stupid for Jake to tell Majors to go for it and he should have told Majors to back off. Jake says he can’t tell guys not to ask Amy out because “[he] likes her and [he’s] too dumb to do anything about it.” Rosa tells Jake to ask her out before the case ends.
- Jake goes to meet Majors and Amy in forensics. Upon entering, Amy says they’ve solved the case. Jake verbally panics, but is relieved when Amy tells him she was kidding.
- Jake tries to speak to Amy alone only to get awkwardly interrupted by the forensic tech then Majors burst in the room with an announcement, the moment is lost and he loses his nerve.
- He tries again to ask her out. He stumbles on his words. When Amy asks, “Why doesn’t your mouth work?” On impulse he replies “Why doesn’t your mouth work? Title of our sex tape.” “What?!” She says alarmed. “Your sex tape.” Jake corrects himself, horrified at what he just said. Before he can try again he accidentally solves the case.
- Jake tells Rosa that it’s too late to do anything as Amy and Majors are on their way to the bar. Rosa asks if Amy has done the “double tuck.” Stating that Amy nervously tucks her hair behind both her ears when she really likes a guy. Jake attempts to interrupt their date by sneaking into the bar. Upon sneaking in and seeing Amy do a “double tuck” while talking with Majors, he is caught and thrown out by the bouncer.
- Jake arrives to work the next day only to find out through Majors that Amy turned him down. Jake rushes to talk to Amy thinking there is still hope. Jake asks her about turning down Majors. Amy says that after all the drama with Teddy she doesn’t want to date cops. Jake is clearly disappointed. As he leaves Amy does the “double tuck.”
- Jake and Amy go undercover together as a couple who just got engaged. When asked how they knew that they were each other's "the one", they reply honestly with "he makes me laugh" and "there's really no one elses opinion who I care about more than hers"
- In order to keep their cover, they kiss twice.
- In the copy room after finding out that Captain Holt is leaving, they kiss for real.
Season 3 Edit
- Picking up where the season 2 finale left off, Jake and Amy speak privately in the copy room about their recent kiss. They agree that they would both like to explore a relationship, but set some ground rules first.
- Don't tell anyone about the relationship
- Don't label the relationship
- No sex right away
- Later, Charles notices that Jake is planning a date and begins to pressure Jake and Amy for details. Jake convinces Charles that it's not a date with Amy, but with a girl he met at the gym. Charles becomes upset and tries to point out how perfect Jake and Amy are for each other, but the two detectives deny any feelings, sticking to their first rule. Charles claims that he's not giving up on them and that he's already written his best man's speech for their wedding.
- That night at a restaurant, Jake and Amy's date is off to an awkward start. Amy suggests they get "super drunk" and Jake agrees. They each order 4 shots (four drink Amy is a bit of a pervert).
- Cut to: Jake and Amy break rule number 3, and end up in bed together. After Amy remarks that she hopes it wasn't a mistake, Jake says "I Hope It Wasn't a Mistake, title of your sex tape...Title of our sex tape!"
- At the precinct the next day, Charles asks for details on Jake's date last night. Jake notes that it started off rocky, but ended up being fun. Charles then deduces that Jake had sex.
- Jake convinces Dozerman to make the other detectives stop asking him about his sex life. When Jake notifies Amy that they're secret is safe, the two decide that they like breaking rules and proceed to make out int he evidence locker.
- Having been making out long enough for Dozerman to note their absence, Jake and Amy are interrupted with the captain comes in to reprimand them. He becomes furious and lets them know that as long as he is their captain, they won't have a romantic relationship. As he continues to rage, he's struck with a heart attack and dies in their presence.
- Terry questions Jake and Amy about the cause of Dozerman's death. When they are vague about it, he asks them to pull the security footage from the evidence locker. This forces Jake to confess that he and Amy were actually in there making out. With this news, Terry is disappointed, Charles is ecstatic and Rosa is pleased to have something new to tease them about.
- Jake and Amy meet up later in the break room. Jake seems to be chipper despite the fact that they broke all of their rules and killed their new captain. Amy, however, thinks it's a sign that their relationship is doomed and convinces Jake that they should go back to being just colleagues.
- At Jake's apartment that night, Charles convinces Jake that he should have fought for his relationship with Amy. Jake agrees and decides to go to Amy's apartment to tell her how he feels. As he moves to exit, he finds Amy mid-knock outside his apartment door. She tells him that she doesn't want to be just colleagues and he agrees. Charles steps in and gives them words of encouragement.
- The Vulture issues a command to Jake that he dump Amy or else he will be demoted
- Jake makes a speech after the funeral, masking it to be for Dozerman but it was really for Amy stating, "I'm not giving up on us and I don't care if I get demoted, I just care about being with you."
- Having spent the night at Jakes place, Amy arrives to work late because of issues caused by Jake's mattress
- Jake and Amy work their first case together and appear to be on the edge of fighting but manage to smooth things over at the last second
- Jake eventually agrees to buy a new mattress after both Jake and Amy get into a 'fight' over their relationship. Amy agrees to tell her mother about Jake.
- Jake texts Amy when he, Charles, and Gina get trapped inside Goodwin's and to get Rosa and Holt's attention, Amy goes into the freezing ocean (which she refused to go in before) to tell them about the crisis.
- After the problem is solved, Amy runs into Jake and kisses him. Jake asks if she was really worried about him and Amy says yes and also notes that his face is so warm.
- Jake and Amy go on a cruise together
- Amy tells Jake that she loves him, and Jake says it back.
- Amy is going to meet Jake's mom for the first time and she made a binder after researching her.
- Whenever they were in Jake's old bedroom, Amy keeps pointing out embarrassing things about Jake like his nose ring and a hat.
- Jake admits that he volunteered to dog-sit Cheddar so Holt could go to Paris was because if it was him and Amy who were separated for months, it would make him really sad.
Season 4 Edit
- Jake has a picture of Amy on a wall where he keeps his files on Jimmy Figgis.
- While Holt stitches his wound, he makes Jake tell him about how he feels about seeing Amy again. Jake goes on saying how if it doesn't go well and what if it's weird since they haven't seen each other in a while.
- After the squad forms their plan of action, Jake and Amy greet each other awkwardly (just like they did in Undercover) and was about to kiss before Charles interrupts them and announces to everyone that Jake and Amy were about to kiss for the first time in six months. Deciding they're okay with kissing in front of everyone they lean in again before Charles appears beside them, ruining their moment.
- Jake approaches Amy after she blocks the door and goes in for a high five but it ended up with Jake awkwardly kissing Amy's forehead instead. They continue to misread what the other is thinking, proving they lost their sync since their time apart.
- They get a moment to talk after finishing the trap for Figgis and as they were leaning for a kiss, Jake mentions he hopes Amy is a better kisser than Holt. Before they could get their moment back, it's ruined by Figgis arriving.
- While Figgis has Jake hostage, Amy and Jake have a silent conversation and Amy shoots Jake in the leg. After Figgis lets go of Jake and Amy goes to him, he confirms that the nod he gave was for her to shoot him.
- Amy goes to Jake while he's being treated by the paramedics. They agree that after what happened with Figgis, they were back in sync again.
- In the cold open while they're discussing Jake's frosted tips, Jake asks Amy if she's digging the tips. She says that it feels like she's kissing Vanilla Ice.
- While apologizing to Rosa, Amy mentioned that she went to Rosa to vent about Jake being in witness protection and not knowing when he'll come back.
- As Jake tells Amy her win during the previous Halloween heist was a pathetic act of pure cowardice, Terry tells Jake that Amy's his girlfriend to which Jake says "not tonight, she isn't." And then he adds that she shouldn't kiss anyone else and that he loves her so much.
- For Rosa and Adrian's wedding, Jake helps Adrian locate his grandmother's earrings while Amy works on the wedding. With all the trouble they went through, they both come to the conclusion that Rosa and Adrian don't actually want to get married.
- When Amy mistakenly says another Nora Ephron movie and Adrian tells her off, she holds on to Jake and he tells her not to take it personally.
Running Gags Edit
"Title of Amy's Sex Tape" Edit
Read full article on Title of Amy's Sex Tape
A reccurring joke in the show is Jake using double entendres to insult Amy's sex life. The first occurrence was in M.E. Time, though it was during the Halloween episode that he first reference the titles of her sex tapes.
Blaming Amy Edit
Read full article on Blaming Amy
Another reccurring joke involving the couple, is Jake alway trying to push the blame off of himself and onto Amy.
- While filming the third kiss for Johnny and Dora, executive producer Dan Goor repeatedly told the actors that the kiss should be tender. 
Jake: No matter what happens, you're not allowed to fall in love with me.
Amy: Won't be a problem. (The Bet)
Jake: The truth is our job isn't always great. I mean, sometimes it sucks. But, it sucks a little less when I get to do it with you. (Operation: Broken Feather)
Jake: What do you think Amy sees in Teddy?
Charles: So, you do like her.
Jake: I'm just curious. I mean, I guess he's okay-looking. And he's a good cop. They're both kind of dorky about police stuff. Also, he set the course record, but that's nothing. I broke it, like, 20 minutes later.
Charles: You want to know why she went out with him and not you?
Charles: Because he actually asked her out. (Tactical Village)
Jake: I don't know what's gonna happen on this assignment, and if something bad goes down, I think I'd be pissed at myself if I didn't say this. I kinda wish something could happen between us, romantic-styles. (Charges and Specs)
Jake: The thing I said to you before I went undercover, about how I wish something could happen between us romantically, that wasn't nothing. That was real.
Amy: What are you saying?
Jake: I know that you're with Teddy. I'm not trying to change that. And I get there's stuff I can't control. But this morning I told you that I didn't mean any of it, and that was a lie. I just don't want to hold anything back.
Amy: Well, thank you for saying that. (Undercover)
Teddy: And if you ask me, I think it's because Amy liked you back.
Jake: Did you?
Amy: Maybe. Yes. A little. (The Road Trip)
Jake: I referred to myself as "El Baboso" to several beautiful Latina ladies.
Charles: Ah, that's your type, isn't it Jakey? Sophia and Santi-
Jake: [stammers loudly] (The Wednesday Incident)
Rosa: Look, if you want to give her a real choice, you've got to let her know that you are an option. (Det. Dave Majors)
Amy: He makes me laugh.
Jake: And, you know, there's really no one else's opinion who I care about more than hers. (Johnny and Dora)
Amy: Thank you for doing this. I love you. Jake: Noice, smort... I love you too. (The Cruise)